Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Little Down Time

Greetings from Minnesota!

I took a mini-vacation to the St. Paul area to babysit/housesit for my relatives and decided I'd take in some local flavor with my aunt before I drove her and my uncle to the airport. So far I've been to farmer's markets, the Mall of America, apple orchards and everywhere under the sun.

After two days of this I had to take a break and try shopping via the internet. My dogs were barking so loud I had to soak them in a nice bowl of hot water while I perused the World Wide Web!

I can't seem to get enough jewelry these days and after a few failed attempts at making my own necklaces, I searched for personalized jewelry and found Wildflower-lane.com.

Now that I've grown up a bit, especially since leaving school, I want jewelry a bit more streamlined and sophisticated and Wildflower Lane delivers. The Triple Strand Rice Pearl Necklace was so pretty I had to force myself to hold back and search the rest of the site.

I was excited to learn that they also had wedding gifts; my roommate is tying the knot in a few months and I wanted to get her something original and lasting. The Star Letter Opener caught my eye, if only because Sarah's very organized, plus I can personalize it. She's going to be opening lots of Christmas cards once she becomes a teacher :-)

At some point, I'm going to have to try making my cat, Theo, a little collar, but until then, I might be investing in some pet stuff.

All in all, it was an appealing site and colorful! There are so many site now-a-days that are so blah and boring; Wildflower Lane was the complete opposite, full of beautiful, personalized
things.

Happy Shopping! And more stories from Minnesota to come :-).

No comments: